Monday, January 01, 2007

New Years With the Grand Parents

The Eshelman's from the glorious state of Pennsylvania came to spend the new year celebration with their favorite grandchildren (that is what they say, I do not make this stuff up, mind you). Owen was really happy to see them and was a great boy all weekend, despite him getting croup again and spending Sunday morning in the med-center with his mother.
We went to Meijer Gardens to see the train that they have for winter. They have the indoor gardens set up like old Grand Rapids and the train moves in and out of various historic buildings made from nuts and twigs and other organic material. It is very nice to watch and I would suggest that you go to see it if you like trains or Grand Rapids history (or both).
Here is the train on the tall bridge. That Asian guy's head is not part of the display, he just happened to be in the right place at the right time.

We spent most of the afternoon running around the Gardens. It must have been close to 50 degrees that day. There were so many people there.
We had breakfast at the Cherrie Inn in the East Hills district of Grand Rapids. Lydia said that Brandywine in Eastown was bigger...but I was right...huh, Lyd?

We had a very nice time despite my beard being ridiculed by my mother. (I think that she is just jealous because her husband cannot grow one!)
Lydia is really cute too.

No comments: