Monday, June 12, 2006

Garden Gnome

Every gardener appreciates a helper and an encourager in the dirt. Anna is just that for me. She loves to water and to pull weeds (although weeds is a relative term for her).

I hope that Owen loves to play in the dirt as much as Anna and I do. It is great to be able to pass a love down to your children.

This picture was Anna attempting at a pose; but it appears to be a bad attempt at posture and smiling! Cute nonetheless..of course I am biased. Here she appreciates the Hosta entitled, Guacamole. IT gets giant leaves that are giant heart shapes and when full grown, the plant will be about 3 feet in width!
Anna also enjoys checking on all of the garden candles and making sure that the wicks are properly trimmed for use.
Here she admires the purple in this nice flower.
And the roses are always a favorite to her. She calls them 'Anna's bowers'.
It is always important that the water in the bird bath is fresh. Fresh water prevents mosquito growth as well as gives the birds a cool treat.
Enjoying the garden is great. It is fun to read or just to listen to the sounds around you.

I have included a few links that are helpful for those that would like to begin gardening.

what works for beginners

hosta library

plant identifier

2 comments:

Mrs. P said...

Papa's little helper... SO cute! I can't wait to send George to Uncle Nate's for lessons in horticulture... so he can do all the yard work for us!

tanyawells said...

Adorable pictures!!