Friday, August 18, 2006

Stroller Derby

If anyone over five feet tall has pushed an umbrella stroller- you know what a disaster it can be. The back aches and the wheels get kicked every other step. Quite annoying.

We are both 5'10" which does not qualify us for the Nephilum, but it is tall enough to know that this is quite obnoxious! We feel sorry for our loved ones at Wendler Cottage who are respectively, 6'9" and 7'10". I am sure that they feel the pain way more than we do!

So our search began for the perfect fold-up, store in the car, and use at the mall style umbrella stroller. Immediately our earthly desires turned towards the best that the UK has to offer. The MacLaren. We cannot even afford one on ebay!

We then heard about the Peg Perego, but we do not know Italian so we could not learn about them from the material that the company sends out. They are supposed to be the best in Italian strollers, but to me they look like the cheap styro-wheeled junk that you get at WalMart complete with cup-holder for you 64 oz. Mountain Dew. I have a hard time believing that the Italians, who designed the Lamborghini, could have made something that costs so much and looks so cheap. My theory, and I should have had the NotLiberal family check this out while in Italy, is that they are conspirators who are attempting to steal the dumb American's money by selling over-priced items that they refuse to use. Just a theory.

At any rate, we made our decision and we found something that we can use that does not make us look as though we are hunched-over freaks pushing our child through the mall. It is called the Chicco and it is a perfect balance between aesthetics, practicality, and value. They are also Italian made, but would be more in line with the Fiat than the Maserati!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nathan, you just blogged about a stroller! Interesting. Anyways, this is all right for an "umbrella stroller", but it still has the junky small wheels on it. If I could only figure out that Didymos Emily loaned me, we would not need stupid strollers at all! :)

~Lydia

Anonymous said...

I said around the mall type.

Anonymous said...

And, made in Italy. Hahaahahahahaha.

Just like out Costco pots and pans.....riiiiight?! Hey, we know a lawyer...we should sue Costco for false advertising.

Mark said...

I've been around strollers my entire life, but I had no idea that it was such a frighteningly complex little world. The things one learns.

Anonymous said...

The resident Nephilim thank you for your kind expressions of sympathy. We also appreciate piggy-backing on your consumer research. Thanks for sharing!

I've been doing a little research of my own, and have found and even more cost-efficient means of infant transportation...

NPE said...

That is hilarious, Moes! What a grand idea. Any of yous got one of those we can use?