There are many reasons in life to enjoy a fine Utz' Pretzel "Cigar" with those that you love. This week it is the near completion of the Wendler Avenue Apartment One redo. We have actually had a lot of fun this month amidst the busy schedule of work, school, family, church, remodel.
When I lived at Wendler we called this room the study. Our children refer to it as Brian's room. It is hard for them to understand why Brian does not live there anymore and why they have to keep going there despite the fact that he is not there any longer. We just smile.
We tore out the old carpet and painted it with a nice fresh color. We redid the floor as well as hung blinds and curtains. I said to Miss Moes that this would make a perfect nursery/reading room for the next tenants.
Here is the breakfast nook. This room was white (but I do not think that we painted it when I bought the house in 1998...so we can just say that it was time for a fresh coat of paint).
We like the color a lot. It looks more minty in the picture, but it is actually a Fire-King Green. Nothing says 1930 like Fire-King Green. We also hung new curtains and blinds in this room.
Here is the kitchen. We did the lower areas in the green that Ray Lanning will covet and we did the top in a fresh white. I am pleased with how well it goes in the kitchen.
Here is the new floor that I have been working on. It is in the hallway as well as in the bathroom. I cut my finger while laying it and Anna obsessed over that for awhile.
Here is what I call Brian's room.
It is the infamous room that burned out in 2001, leaving us as sojourners in Grand Rapids. (I am sure that everyone has a story to go with that experience... like the maid walking into Shawn and my room at the Residence Inn and we not knowing Spanish could not explain ourselves!)
We also did cadmeon leather walls in this room to help maintain flow. We added new curtains and blinds in here as well.We will show more as we finish. We have about 20% still to finish. We we very glad to have all of the help from Miss Moes as well as Mrs. Lanning coming and kidknapping our children today so that we could paint. (And yes, they came back in fine shape.)


2 comments:
Looks great. I have exactly zero skillz in interior design, but that green looks pretty sharp. Well done.
Ummm... not to nit-pick or anything but you ARE going to paint the cabinet doors in the kitchen too right? They look kinda scuzzy right now... I'll help!!!
It's been fun exploiting your daughter (she's my little gopher and chief George Amuser) and corrupting her morals with stooopid movies... gah... sorry about that! Didn't know the modern version of Little Rascals was so icky!
Post a Comment