Saturday, December 02, 2006

Creepy Artsy People

I see a lot of creepy art at work. I am not obliged to discuss it due to laws of confidentiality- but you could use your little imaginations.

The creepy artwork that I would like to share is that of my 3 year-old daughter. I suspect that we have an artist in the making. As one with latent tendencies, I see reason to fear.

The piece below is called mad mom. Clearly that is a rip off from our last trip to Meijer Gardens. That is the name of their newest piece. Notice the tongue hanging out!
This one is a foot and a penguin. The foot has 6 toes- clearly a relative from my dad's side of the family. The penguin started as a hand- but it is better as a penguin.
This one is a lady with big lips. I think that it is supposed to be her aunt Shannon personally. Notice that she has bangs and long hair.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The extra toe in foot and a penguin seems to highlight the unnaturalness of the situation. The foot is ready to crush the penguin, though it is the foot itself that is out of place and abnormal. The penguin knows this, and looks wryly at an out-of-canvas comrade as if to say "get a load of this". Very simple, yet very powerful, social commentary.

Anonymous said...

Similar to the woman in the last canvas, who is clearly trapped in a body not her own. She implores the viewer to release her from this unnatural state of existence. Anna is making some pretty extreme statements here.

shawn said...

Then again it could be a toddler's rendition of a foot and a penguin - you said you recently took her to see that pagan film about penguins denying the true and living God, right? (I recently heard Focus on the Family's review to be positive for that movie - scary)

Amazing how influential media is on young impressionable minds.

All that aside, looks like Anna is going to surpass her papa's abilities in Art - I'm sure that causes great potential excitement in your heart. (Just keep her away from Warhol!)

Amazing how the first one looks alot like Munch's "The Scream"

NPE said...

Maybe the foot is 'the seed of the woman crushing the head of the serpant (as represented by this penguin!).

Penumbra said...

The Twit Family perhaps?