Tuesday, December 19, 2006

It will be a HOT summer!


Thought I would give further information on the news that Anna has shared. We notified family, but otherwise our dear blog readers are the only to know (and the 3 friends that knew already).
The EDD is August 24, 2007 (I estimated August 22, but I will stick with the later date). Meaning that I am considered 5 weeks (LMP) and 3 weeks gestation.
We have only known for about a week. We decided to share early and ask for much prayer during this fragile development time. There is comfort in knowing that God opens and closes the womb, and I pray for strength and pure reliance on Him.
So far I have not been sick, which is rather unusual for me, since the last 2 pregnancies have be quite different. I think I will actually "feel" better if I start getting some symptoms. Weird, I know. But, either way, this is a blessing and we rejoice! I guess my love for chocolate is gone. That is my favorite pregnancy symptom! Truly a blessing to not crave chocolate! Still deciding if I should use my previous Ob/Gyn or search out a midwife. (I like my Ob/Gyn but not so much her group.) Any recommendations on a good midwife? Nathan would like a home birth. Not going to happen. Sorry, Nathan.
Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6,7

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw.... Congratulations, guys!

Rachel said...

I know some midwives, both nurse and lay, but they are all over on this side of the state. :( I love having a nurse-midwife rather than an OB. She arrived at 4-6 cm, and (mostly) stayed with me from then on.

I know the feeling of relief when sickness comes on, as I lost one child at about 6 weeks and didn't have any sickness with that one. With my other two, sickness started at about 6 weeks. So, should I pray that you get sick, just not very badly? ;)

The Rogue Jew said...

MAZAL TOV!

Tim said...

congratulations! That's awesome news. We used a midwife team and while I can't recommend them (as they're in New Hamphire and Vermont), they were amazingly helpful and wonderful to deal with.

Wife, Mom, Teacher said...

There is a Christian midwife in town, let me know if you are interested. Also I know of a great doula.

And CONGRATS!!! Better you than me! He he he

Manda said...

Congratulations! That's wonderful news. I hope you feel sick soon!