
Anna has had a great day of artistic expression. She painted me five beautiful watercolors that put most modern and post-modern art to shame. Her use of color and stroke was genius! She also decided to begin sculpting. Her first creation was unveiled today as she exclaimed to Lydia, "Look mom, I made a man!" Not bad for a three year-old. I am actually very hopeful for my children's artistic development.

Owen was less than interested. He fell asleep during the exhibit (more punch and cookies for me!). He missed out on one of life's greatest artistic lessons tonight: the true use of art.

Ah, Lego Man- how you encapture the struggles of personhood. The stiffness and the inability to move, even with will-power, wonderfully reflects man's inability for God glorifying in the post-lapsarian age. If only our Arminian and semi-Palagian friends could gaze upon Lego Man in the light of holy Scripture! Thank you, Anna for your anthropological insight.
2 comments:
I think Owen's work of art may be himself. Just a hunch. Hysterical post, at any rate.
I think that would be Duplo man.
Post a Comment