I believe that this syndrome has been passed to both of our children. Owen walks around all day singing and seems to be obsessed with music. I am not sure if Anna is as musical as Owen may prove to be, but she does have the tendencies for artsy-farstiness.
Today, while moving pictures onto CDs I found these two portraits that she took of her Barbies. If these were in the Detroit Institute of Art people would label them quality post-modern art.


4 comments:
The lack of focus is a metaphor for our modern obsession with prescription drugs, which don't always keep us lucid. Even when we are, our attention spans are so short that everything may as well be fuzzy, anyway.
The kicker, of course, is that reality in focus is nothing but a cheap plastic toy. Thus, the pictures present a bleak view of life, echoing the zeitgeist view that nothing can be certain and you may as well do what you want.
I deny that "artsy-farsty" is in the blood of Union Ave. Stuart will be an athlete and intellectual but almost certainly not an artist.
"athlete " and "intellectual" do not go together
Loretta is a fine example of artist and intellectual.
Being well rounded would not be bad either- all three. Sounds like the ancients.
(Plus Janna is quite artsy... so look out!)
Post a Comment