Here is Marion, Anna, and Maggie at Paige and Bill's wedding. It will be interesting to see how Anna maintains a relationship with these two women as she grows. With Moey going to the land of Aqua Net and Moon Pies and Maggie living in Motown it changes things for our little girl. She loves these two SO much. Anna already has plans for writing Ms. Moes letters.
Here is Anna with the beautiful bride. Paige looked so lovely. I am very happy for her. She could not have found a greater man than Bill. He exemplifies the Lord Jesus in the way that he lives and interacts with others. He is quite well read too (which gives him extra Nate points). I am sure that the Lord will use them in great ways together.
Anna is not quite sure whether Paige is lawfully married though. I guess that in a 3 1/2 year-old head, a bride without a vale over her face is not really getting married. Anna informed Maggie, Lydia, and I today that she would have one over her hair and her eyes when she gets married!
Sunday, July 01, 2007
SO MUCH to Talk About!!
So much has happened in a week and I could post 10 different posts about it all. I will try for one. Our little Owen turned 2 a week ago. We were in PA visiting my family and they hosted a party for him. He wanted a "Thomas Train" cake, so my mother had one made for him. It was chocolatey good. It was fun watching him opening presents with his sister's "help".
We ate at a really great restaurant that was minutes from Lake Erie. It was in an old lighthouse and had really good steak. It is one of the best local restaurants that I have eaten at in a long time there. Anna wanted to show off her love for the Desert Fathers who were famous for their hours of meditations while standing on poles. She also said that she could not wait for her friend, Brian, to see the picture! I am not sure if I should worried about having a little female mystic on my hands- how is that a form of devotion? Standing on a pole for hours???
These next three are for my aunt Debbie: We travelled around all week with this juice box on top of the car and kept forgetting to take it off. Aunt Debbie wanted to see if it could make it back to Michigan, so we gave it a try... The first one is the juice in Cleveland, Ohio.
Toledo.
In Indiana, just before the Michigan border.
We lost it within a hundred feet of the Welcome to Michigan sign. Lydia and I gasped as if Sedgwick had jumped from the Mountaineer! We really hoped to get one on Union Avenue, but it just could not make it. Oh well.
Labels:
Anecdotes,
Anna and Owen,
Birthdays,
Friendship,
Fun Stuff,
Travel
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
Happy birthday, Owen! Looking forward to seeing y'all soon!
Hope you didn't get a ticket for littering. Thanks for everything.
Love, Aunt Debbie
Happy Birthday OWEN!!!
Poor lil' Anna. Miss Moes will write her letters too..
And c'mon Nate... Aqua Net and moon pies? Maybe in 'Bama... Virginia is where our country began. We're a few hours from DC for pity's sake!
I prefer to view it as a place of history and culture.
Now, the state of WEST Virginia is a different story...
Nate - we serve on a committee at church with a very free spirit who has made a sport of attaching beverage containers of all sorts to the roof of his vehicles. Check it out at:
http://web.mac.com/dickbuist/iWeb/
Site/INTERACTIVE%20ROOFTOP.html
Nate - Do you have a pic of all the kids from that picture with the matching outfits... I would love to see it! :) Steph
Post a Comment