Monday, December 31, 2007

Quiet Day

Lydia has been sick since Christmass. She is not feeling well, swollen throat, aches all over, etc. Not good. Saturday was deemed 'quiet day' by executive order of... well, me. I decided that Lydia needed a day to rest some. Now those of you that know Lydia... lying around resting is for those of lesser genetic makeup. Germans do not lie around!
It began with taking the kids to D&W for some groceries. Now I was not too excited about a cart full of kids, along with a list in one hands and a Starbucks mocha in the other, but we made it through. When I got home I noticed that I do not buy as wisely as Lydia or think family. I think like a college guy at the grocery store. I guess that is one other reason she is great! We then made arts and crafts for a good part of the afternoon. We made dolls and glasses and monster teeth and glasses and other fun things.
We colored and stickered and taped and glued. Anna bade this ballerina. I am not sure about the square jaw though.
Here are all of them in their crowns. They thought this was super cool!
Owen had me make multiple pairs of glasses in diverse colors. I cannot imagine where that comes from!
Watson got some new specs too, but they were a bit too small.

It was a nice quiet day. Lydia still does not feel well, but she will not get another quiet day- unless she hires someone to do it!

No comments: