I tried to prove this to Lydia by taking this way to church week after week- but believe it or not, no turkey... ever on a Sunday. Am I in need of special medication?
I had an idea. I would take my camera in the car to see if I could capture, on film, the large bird. Nope. Twice without a turkey. How come when I am alone I see a turkey in the middle of the street almost EVERY morning- but when I am with another, or with a camera there is no turkey?
I must be under a lot of stress to see turkeys marching up and down Michigan Street while traffic slowly goes around it. Do I need help?
I thought I would try one more time for photographic evidence of the crypto-urban turkey. I got it! I am not seeing things!
If this first picture was all of the evidence, I am sure a case could be made for a large bird-shaped piece of West Michigan snow.
Or it is a hood ornament? Nope. It is the real deal.


5 comments:
I don't know folks... That could easily be a doctored picture. Nate probably just glued a decoy to his hood. Or maybe he even got clever with photo shop. If he starts asking people to donate money to a "Save Alger Heights from the Wild Turkeys" fund or a "Save the Wild Turkeys from Alger Heights" fund, be suspicious.
;)
I just like the idea of madness driving him to take a camera in the car to prove there's a turkey. Seeing as it does exist, I think we ought to capture one and make it the church mascot. And then start an annual church Thanksgiving dinner...
Maybe THAT would bring brother Preston back to the big city!!
Nah. At school, there were some students I knew who actually lured a turkey into their dorm kitchen. We had at least 30 turkeys that lived in the woods next door. A friend of mine wanted to eat the turkeys, but he knew the authorities would not be very pleased.
we have had about 20-30 turkeys visit our yard on a daily basis, but they have not been seen since early january. They are funny things, eating bird seed, scratch feed that I give them, and they fly up into the trees to eat the crabapples. Some of them even fly onto the roof. They can really fly!
I look forward to seeing them again; Lidia calls them "the gobblegobbles"
Post a Comment