Thursday, March 06, 2008

Andy Warhol, Eat Your Heart Out

Today Lydia had an eye doctor's appointment at the mall. She always asks me to go along with these things so that I can give input on which frames to choose. I always choose one and she goes with the one that she likes anyway! Why do I do it?

Well, Watson was sleeping in the stroller and Anna, Owen, and I were walking through the mall. I could not bare to sit and watch all of the children in that play area today- so we kept walking.

As we passed the GAP, I noticed that it has a new ad scheme which includes a number of Warhol prints and one giant self-portrait of him. I love Warhol! He was absolutely crazy and eccentric. Now if you know anything about his form of art, his prints often began in one of those photo booths. I got to thinking about all of the ones that I know are attributed to Warhol. There are many!

As we were walking and thinking about pop culture and overly commercialized art we passed a photo booth! I could not resist (and they take debit cards)!

Since Watson was sleeping I let him sleep. Anna and Owen had no clue what this thing was, but they obediently got in.

The first picture was a stunning experience for them- they laughed and laughed. It seems that the next three are the natural human response to the photo booth. Silly faces and kisses... is there anything better than that?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you know that he's coming to GRAM, right?