Here is Lydia's new sling. It is from Hotslings and we think that she is going to keep this one. She had tried three or four types in the past and has not been satisfied with these for diverse reasons.
This Hotsling is reversable so that she can be boring in beige or fabulous in floral; depending on her mood.
The sling has a padded hem so that little Owen has something to rest his arm on. Anna can also use it. She will be in an upright position and it frees Lydia's hands for things that she needs to accomplish.
Owen is really content when he is in the sling. It seems that babies do well with this method of carrying. Slings are really great for things such as reflux and colic as well. Many pediatricians recommend "baby wearing" as a method of infant parenting.
For more information visit these sites:


7 comments:
I think your sling is scrumtralescent! I am glad you choose that pattern and not the punky tattoo pattern. I think your baby looks perfect when you wear him! -Tito
Hi Lydia, does your back get tired after wearing it for awhile? I had a snuggly for Joshy which was alright, but he looked so uncomfy in there and my back would ache after lugging him around in it.
Tam told me that Anna was the most beautiful baby in the world so I had to come check out your family site. Both of your kids make my shutter finger a little itchy. Too bad you aren't closer. You'll have to come for a visit when Nate's done school and you're all rich and stuff. haha
Also, Tam tells me that you are quite informed about cloth diapers. We're getting a new washing machine so we're going to be switching. I went poking around online the other night and nearly turned my head inside out trying to figure out what to get. Oiy! I would appreciate your experienced advice!
Manda-
No tired back at all! It is really comfy.
For diapers, I really like fuzzi bunz (which it is best to look on ebay for) and also Bummis wraps with chinese pre-folds. Bummis are the cheaper route. I think Nate has some pictures on this blog showing Anna and Owen in a fuzzi bunz and a Bummis.
Let me know if you have other questions!
By the way, I absolutely love looking at your photography! Beautiful stuff.
-Lydia
Thanks. :) It's nice to know that people are enjoying them.
What do you use for stuffers in your fuzzi bunz? Price aside, which ones work better?
Sorry to pepper you! I just thought of another thing. Do AIO's clean well or do they tend to trap things in all of the layers?
Manda-
Price aside, I would choose Fuzzi Bunz. I stuff them with the prefolds (I think 4x8x4) and I also like jamtots to stuff them with. Joey Bunz hemparoos (I think that is what they are called) work well at night with a prefold. Otherwise for night time I just stuff the FB with 2 prefolds.
AIOs do not seem very sanitary to me. I like Fuzzi Bunz because they are pocket diapers and you can take out the stuffing. I would go with a pocket diaper.
Do you know about www.diaperpin.com? This is a very helpful website.
Hope that helps,
Lydia
Lydia...you are the cutest mom in the whole world. G
Post a Comment