Thursday, December 01, 2005

Master's Degree (in diaper changing)

Some things are better done when one is single or before children come into the home. (And no, I am not recommending the use of birth control for these things.) One of which is completing a Master's Degree. As you all know I have been working on a Master's of Divinity over the past two years. It has gotten more difficult with the birth of Owen.
Education has not gotten any easier with children. I have taken this week off of work so that I could catch up on papers that need to be completed before the fourteenth of December. A good amount of my time has been entertaining Anna, comforting Owen, or attempting to fix some toy related tragedy for Anna. It has not been an easy week.
Here is what still needs to be completed before semester's end:
Papers on the following topics:
Literacy in the Bible
Mark 13 exposition
House visitation
The circumcision of Christ
Baptism
Preparation for the Lord's Supper


Too bad I cannot write a paper on the morality of Thomas and Friends. I am sure that I know all that there is to know about our little British train buddy. I think more Thomas research has been done than paper research.
Maybe I am just a doubting Thomas, but I hope all gets finished.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ummm, sure you are very helpful, but I think that i change way more diapers than you (happily) and I am the one that comforts Owen.....

But, then, as all that know and love you know, you tend to exaggerate a bit.

I think that your distraction is due to the internet and blogging....GET BACK TO WORK, honey.

Anonymous said...

Why are you reading blogs? Don't you have to go clean the kitchen or something..... :)

LOVE YOU!

Anonymous said...

Haha. That is a funny link...

Anonymous said...

Justin will soon be feeling your pain. He's already found his masters more challenging with having a wife to take care of.

Joe and Emilie Schelling said...

This is not the type of encouragement that I need to hear. I thought trying to finish my undergrad with two children was tough enough, great! I al well know more about Thomas than abouit any of my classes, considering that I'm working on a BSW (BS) from KFC (RBC) it may not matter.

Anonymous said...

I think that Lydia should start her own blog and every time Nate posts one, she could post the real, unexaggerated story.

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain, Nate. Plus, aren't you still training for the Ironman competition?