I am not sure how these things occur, but Anna has placed the idea into her head that duct tape is an appropriate wound care product. Yesterday she wanted a piece of duct tape around her 'ouch' and I thought that it was pretty funny since my father always used duct tape as the choice item to promote sanitation and healing of wounds related to the opening of the skin.The problem arose when we were heading out of the house for a dinner date with friends and she would not take off the tape. The picture to the left is not her babying the wound, but protecting it from me attempting to remove it. Thankfully our friends found our quirky daughter to be more cute than quirk.


6 comments:
What is the problem? Clearly Anna is way ahead of her time!!!! Duct tape does come in colors you know! I have a roll of bright purple purchased from the Artic Cat Snowmobile Shop. I believe it was over 20.00. But I have also seen some at Big Lots for very cheap. Periodically when I am cutting Mollys dew claws she bolts and I end up with a serious nail bleed. This is very serious given her size and the ability of the blood to spatter as she dashes through the house. So as we speak she has a nail wrapped in purple duct tape. It's quite fashionable!!!!
While Sweet Anna is no dog, I think you could have risen to the occasion by marking on the gray tape with a magic marker, put a kiss or flower, something creative. Trust me, there will be much more important issues in which you will have to prevail. This one is just sillyness!!!!
On a side note perhaps Anna will be as intelligent and hard working as your dad! Now that's something to get excited about!!!!
Duct tape... the handyman's secret weapon. Works for absolutely everything. I'd take this episode as a sign of highly advanced intelligence.
Shane once duct-taped the pipes to a leaky sink. That was years ago at Market Bucket. Last he checked, the tape was still there! Ain't nothin' like duct tape!!!
Duct tape makes great splints. flexible and water proof, they won't comeoff till you cut 'em. (Note, you also want to put a bit o'paper towel around injured limb prior to the duct tape).
She's her Opa's girl. Come visit us.
Hi Nate,
Your children are very cute (betcha haven't heard that before). I've heared that duct tape is good for removing warts too. A friend of mine puts it on his warty feet for a few days. Not sure of the results though. Talk to you soon.
Post a Comment