Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Down the road in my permagrin

As we made our way towards Chicago the excitment was more than we could handle. I had an uber-excited grin the entire ride while the children slept soundly in their law enforced harnesses.



We had a great time and there are more pictures to come. There may even be a gnome story in here for those of you who are into that sort of thing.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

The kids have those rosey red cheeks and bright red ears while they sleep,just like you always did,Nate. (oh, yeah, you still do)

Anonymous said...

Is Owen facing forward?
You don't want to end up like Brittney Spears, do you?

Anonymous said...

Dear Law Enforcement Official,

It is not illegal to have Owen face forward. It is recommended that an infant face forward at 20 lbs. and 1-year-old. Owen is 20 pounds and plenty strong and safe in facing forward. He is almost 11 months old. I don't see what 1-month difference makes.

Thanks, though, for your concern. We have things under control. :)

Mrs. P said...

Welcome back Eshelman's, permagrin and all!

Anonymous said...

I was looking at your page and one of my siblings was horrified by you in your pic. (and by that i mean he screamed and covered his eyes and demanded to know what i was looking at) :-P

I guess he didn't get that it was a "permagrin". ;-)

Wife, Mom, Teacher said...

I was going to be a law enforcement official as well. "Hey, Owen isn't 20 lbs AND one year old, is he???" But I see someone else got there before me! Actually I know some people who keep their kids turned around until after age two because some power in the safety realm has deemed it to be much safer! But I have to say, as far as we go, I tend to turn my kids around at 9 months because it is so much easier and they LOVE to see where Mommy is.

So far Wil is still facing his obnoxious brothers in the seat behind him, but I think it won't be much longer...

Wife, Mom, Teacher said...

Oh, and welcome back! I love to see pics of what y'all have been up to! And we can all live vicariously through your mini-vacation.