Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Eulogy for a Friend

Sometimes one must learn to let go.

One must let those things that we love pass on to their next calling in life. One must make decisions concerning these times. When one lets go of a friend that has loved and comforted his feet for all of a decade- there are hard decisions to make.

Should one allow such a close companion go without giving him another chance at a new life?

Should another want to enjoy what life and love is left within his natural cork bedding?

Should another find satisfaction with his embossed buckles or his nubuck leather straps?

Should there be another to fit within the foot mold that has lovingly and dutifully formed over all of these years?

These my friends are tough and deeply-rooted philosophical questions.

May another one come to love and care for you the way that I have loved and cared for you. Goodbye my trusty companion. May another love you the way that I have... to eBay dear friend.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ummm, if you are bored, I have plenty that "needs done" 'round here.

NPE said...

I am not bored....I am mourning.

:)

Anonymous said...

Nate,

Losing your birkenstocks is the best thing that could've happened to you. Now it's time to get flip-flops (like everyone else who's not 40).

NPE said...

Reveal thyself anonymous!

Birkenstocks are not for those over 40! They are for granola eating volvo drivers as well.

And NPR liberals...and hippies.

Not to mention PETA fans and lesbians.

I still have about 7 other pairs though.... I know. I know...excessive.

Did I mention Eastowners and druggies?

Eva Lemmon..? said...

Are you serious??????

Mrs. P said...

Nate, I think if you listened to Rush more, you'd feel less depressed about getting rid of your museum quality granola gliders. Liberalism must be eschewed in all areas of living; now it's time to reform your choice of footwear!

Anonymous said...

Who would buy those gross things?