In the past couple of years they have done some nice things. They have made a great chimp area where these primates live and show off their filthy bodies.
They also have a wallaby area where you can pet these midget kangaroos. They also have sting-rays now, but it costs a buck to touch them (why would you want to?). They also provide Purell everywhere, which we appreciate!
The petting zoo is is nice. They have four varieties of goats and a few variations on the sheep. Owen enjoyed the turkey...he asked me to fry it up and serve it with a side of potato salad!
Anna posed in front of the three bronze penguins. I guess that this represents the three penguins that they have in the aquarium!
Here is Owen dreaming of dinner.
This is also a new addition this summer. These giant swan paddle-boats are available for $5 a ride. Lydia took Anna and I took Owen. Owen hated it! He was terrified of these monstrosities! For those of you who love fat humor:
Image a giant-Nate-sized man paddling a boat by himself with a 20+ pound kids screaming on his lap for 20 minutes in 90 degree heat. Yeah, real funny.
Anyways, we had a nice time. The zoo takes about 2.5 hours to see and do everything. The kids liked the animals and I enjoyed watching people act like animals. If I ever am a multi-millionaire, I am going to buy them at least one elephant, or a lion, or a polar bear, or a rhino, or a zebra. Anyone of those would do!


3 comments:
I think you should get them a genetically altered mini cow. You have no idea how much Seamus and I want one.
http://www.miniaturebull.com/
They have lions- they have two lions, if I remember correctly... and tigers and a bear. I love our hokey little zoo... did you see the octopus?
I mean a real lion, not a mountain lion. We can walk the woods of Battlecreek if we want a mountain lion!
They do have one tiger and a brown and grizzley bear.
The coolest animal that they have is the wolverine. Spooky.
Post a Comment