Thursday, August 31, 2006

Message from Lydia



The previous post was deleted, as it became offensive and destructive. I would like to publicly apologize to NL if I in any way offended him or his family personally. I do, however, stand by my views and thoughts on the matter. I should probably learn silence, like the wise.




5 comments:

Tim said...

That's too bad, because everyone should know that Breast Is Best. Breastfeeding is not sexual or perverted, and people need to get over the stigma that's been built up in this country. Sorry you felt like you had to delete the post because some people are made queasy and uneasy by reality, but I found it to be enlightening and natural. I only saw a little bit of the discussion (not to mention the pictures -- awesome), but I don't think you should apologize for possibly offending someone because of a perfectly natural, blessed, God-given ability that mothers have.

Oops, I said "breast." Sorry for smutting up your blog.

Food for thought: Did any biblical women use a bottle? Or any women prior to the 20th century, for that matter?

I've addressed this issue a while back on my own blog here.

You can delete this comment if you like, I just had to throw in my two cents.

NPE said...

Tim

The apology was not for the content of the post, we are VERY supportive of the Vedras as well as LeLeche League and the rights of women to breast feed, both publicly and in the comfort of their own bed.

Lydia's apology is for her getting a bit too roudy sometimes. I love her for that!

She is a great and loving wife and mother and she is very sensitive to to shortcomings and sins. This is one of the main reasons that I married her. She takes responsibility for her sins and seeks to please the Lord in all things.

We could all learn a valuable lesson from her.

steveandjanna said...

Who was offended?

Mark said...

Lydia did very well in shutting the other thread down, and is to be commended for devoting a whole post to apologizing. Very classy. Now if the respective parties would be so good as to stop getting the last word, I'm guessing that Anna and Owen have to have done something cute this week.

Tim said...

MY BAD, HOLMES