This is a picture that I came across from an old highschool friend's MySpace account. Wow! What memories soar back into my head. (Some of which must be repented of.) I am the fat guy in the middle with the Venus of Willendorf apron on. I remember this picture quite well. It was right after a haircut when my hair went from beyond shoulder length to right under the ears. Notice the side burns.These were the creme de la creme of the Corry art scene at the time. At least two of the girls in the photo went on to become artists by trade. One in fine arts and the other in commercial art.
Of the guys in the front row- the one that is laying across the others, that is Jason Hepler- he was one of my best friends in highschool, but we have lost touch over the years. I know that he is secondary school teacher. The guy leaning into me is Jason Miller. He sells cars in Erie, PA now and has recently settled down according to reports. His parents were one of the first 'real' Christians that I ever met. I am the next guy, and you all what I am doing- still in school- working on that Master's of Divinity- oh so far from where I thought that I would be.
I was under the impression that I would continue to mess around with hallucinogenics, listen to classic rock all of my life, go on for a PhD in art history, all while living alone in a studio apartment while popping antidepressants. Wow. The life that the Lord Jesus Christ can make out of someone. In the words of Jerry Garcia- what a long strange trip its been.
The last guy in the row is Steve Vancise. Steve was (is?) a brilliant thinker. He went off to college and then found his way back to Corry, PA to own and run the local Dairy Queen. (If he reads this I hope that he sends me coupons- or one of those funny visors that he makes the girls there wear.)
Does anyone have any other old highschool pictures that they can send me? Or does anyone know what has happened to the rest of these people?


5 comments:
Is that one guy (or gal) your twin?
*snort*
Is that one girl, brushing the hair out of her face, Jolene? Looks like her, kind of...
Yes it is Jolene. She is Pychologist now.
Re; Jolene
She wrote a dissertation on empathy and its use in counseling.
Quite good. Actually more Christian than most phychobabble that is given today where you are a mere cold stone.
Mmmmm....cold stone.
I'm going to guess that at least one of them is thrice divorced and living in a van down by the river. Just a hunch...
Post a Comment