Sunday we had our dear friend Maggie over...all day. We really enjoy her company and her fellowship and it stands that she has an open invitation at all times.We were discussing various topics, some that were good Sunday topics such as Scripture and Bible studies. At times our conversation would slip into things like our schedules and school.
Maggie said that she has been riding her bike to school so she does not have to pay the $170 (or some such figure). This has been really working out for her because she has to ride up 'Michigan hill' and that will help build strong muscles in the legs.
In typical Maggie fashion, she shared the humor of this all in that her bike does not have any brakes! She bikes up and down that hill and through downtown Grand Rapids without brakes. She said that her dad told her that they cost only about $3 at Meijer or Walmart or some other such retailer. We laughed with Mags at how carefree she is at times. Lydia said she had better go get them so that she does not kill herself! Maggie laughed and said that she would go get them this week.
Well, she has not purchased them yet.
They may be a good gift to get her when you go visit her this week on the 4th floor of Spectrum Hospital...which happens to be on 'Michigan hill'.
(She hit a car...couldn't stop!)


12 comments:
I don't think a car was involved??!? I guess I am not sure.
We are so thankful she is okay. :) Now, buy that stupid parking pass and quit being Dutch.
You don't need a parking pass at Butterworth. Just park on the ramp and have them validate your ticket on the way out - all you pay is the gas to get there.
And there was a car involved. Kinda.
I mean the parking pass for GVSU, for Maggie, so she will not have to ride her bike to downtown and then take a bus to school.
Hey. The New York bicycle messengers never use brakes either. She's a hip urban cyclist. You go girl! However. If she can't find an alternative way to stop (it's understandable since she was homeschooled), I'd recommend brakes. I'd even help to install them (you know, she might have trouble doing it herself because she was homeschooled).
You post was very lacking in details Nate. What kind of damage? How long will she be stuck on the 4th floor?
Ah. Those suckers are expensive, though, and it stings terribly to pay for something that was oh-so-free just a few years back.
Yeah, I don't think Mags is going to be riding a bike, brakes or not, for awhile...
Poor Mags. Luckily, she's in high spirits and has the most happening room on the ward. That's what happens when you're cool. :-)
And there was no contact with the car, but a car was responsible.
Poor Mags- she's not feeling too cool. But she got a really neat sparkly bandaid on her arm when they gave her a tetanus shot.
Get well soon Maggie!
No dear, a car wasn't responsible, the lack of bike brakes was the cause of Mags intense malaise.
Actually Agnus, Mags has two sparkle bandaids and she threatens to turn them into earings.
I just talked to Mags and she's been released from the hospital. Thusly all gifts of bike brakes should be directed to her house.
I very innocently saw her online today, and she directed me here. Poor Maggie! I did hear the whole story from her when I asked. Maybe we should be giving her the money we would have spent on brakes to go toward a parking pass.
Hi guys,
I'm feeling much better. I'm out of the hospital. My sister is here helping me out.
thanks for all the prayers calls and visits. :-)
Post a Comment