Friday, October 20, 2006

Bunch o' Sickos

So the entire clan here on Union Avenue is sick. The process has been going on for over two days. Owen was the first to come down with hyper-emesis and he has graciously passed that on to the whole family.

We have spent many hours in the middle of the night changing sheets and washing towels- quite fun really. It sure does a great job at testing how patient and loving one can be towards the family.

While we we lay sick, Anna and I decided to go over her Bible verse for the week.

CREATE IN ME A CLEAN HEART O, GOD (Psalm 51.10a)

Here is a little conversation that we had over the meaning of the text:
Anna: Papa, do you have a clean heart?
Papa: Yes, Anna.
Anna: Does mama have a clean heart?
Papa: Yes Anna.
Anna: Do I have a clean heart?
Papa: I hope so Anna.
Anna: Did Jesus buy me a clean heart?
Papa: Yes, he did Anna.
Anna: I want a clean heart.
Papa: Then you have to ask Jesus for one.
Anna: Can I ask Jesus for a blue heart too?

*Anna thought that the word clean was green!
Maybe theological discussion is not at its best when one is ill!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, ah... at least it's a family activity, eh? Hope y'all get better soon.

Anonymous said...

How does Owen get these things? The poor kiddo is like some kind of walking disease magnet.

Ahh, the heart of a two year old...

Hope you're all feeling better soon!