Saturday, October 28, 2006

I want to be JUST LIKE you... NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!


What if our (or anyone's) children grew up to be just like us? That would be horrible!

Personality- we desire so much more for our children.
As for intelligence- man! I hope that they learn something before they turn 20.
Looks- well, let's not go there.
Spiritual life- we pray that they never know a time when they did not love the Lord Jesus Christ.
Overall character- we hope that they learn from our downfalls and desire to please God in all things.

Of course, we could not be just like our parents. We know that through the fall of Adam in the Garden that we are just like him by way of sin. If we were all just like our parents though there would not be those that are redeemed by Jesus Christ. I guess that we would desire that our children would be just like God their Heavenly Father, and their Eldest brother, Jesus Christ the Righteous.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Parenthood, as I've said before, is a frightening thing.

Love the picture of Owen's new goatee!

Anonymous said...

I would be very thankful if Owen (or Anna) turned out to be like you. They could, for sure, learn from your faults, but overall....:0)