The creator of Ramen Noodles died this week at nearly 100 years of age. These noodles hold a special place in the heart of us:Lydia was dating the boyish-infantile-immature guy across the hall from me at Schultze-Eldersveld at Calvin College. She was hungry one afternoon and he told her to come across the hall to my room because I would have food (prejudging me based on girth). I did not have any, but my roomie had Ramen Noodles which I offered to her.
The long and short of it was that she immediately dumped this guy upon hearing me speak and feeling the warmth of my personality and we were shortly married thereafter. Or so I remember it. Ms. Marion Lanning threw dry Ramen at our wedding.
Long live the cheapest, most disgusting food ever invented, despite the death of its creator. (As long as there are colleges in this world, there will be Ramen!)


1 comment:
Yes, I believe it was the crumbled beef flavored Ramen that I threw at the departing couple.
Post a Comment