Saturday, October 15, 2005

Basement Project, #643,467

The disorganization of these pics is a visual representation of our lives at the moment. The basement is near completion and our total house is in bedlam due to this.

We have decided that we could never buy a turn of the century home that needed total restoration...for we would go insane at the sight of the disarray.

To the left you see the area which will house my desk. The light that I found is very great for our home. It is a reproduction of a vintage model complete with amber globes. Lovely.



Notice the stairs and how rotty they are. Brian Anderson of "Poor Man's blog" helped in the deconstruction of the stairs. They had tile, linoleum, more tile, hardwood and burbur carpet over all of that. It is great anger management to remove 80 years of flooring from stairs.

Above is the terra cotta color as well. Lydia is very happy with this. We found a World War I library poster that goes with the colors very nicely.

Here is a good look at what the finished product will look like. At this point it is: carpet, hardware, upholster the window seat, paint and bring down all 10 of the bookshelves and we are on to business.

For now we sit in our own clutter. For some reason the last week of this project has effected the study, Anna's room, Owen's room, the living room, the dining room, and even the "Green Room". Next week folks. All done. Cannot wait another day!

1 comment:

tanyawells said...

I can't wait to see the basement when it is finished. I can't believe how it used to look and how great it looks now! I love the built in book shelf.