Monday, March 13, 2006

Cafe Verona

Our favorite decaffeinated coffee is Starbucks Verona decaf. It is bold and does not have an odd "I am decaf" taste.

Yesterday we had our new friend James over for Sunday dinner. He kindly brought along a pound of Verona and placed it on the dining room table. We had a nice conversation about theology and the Church.

Around 9pm Lydia decided to brew some coffee and consumed about 3 cups. Always a great way to close the day- cafe Verona.
About 1:30 am Lydia is tossing to and fro and comments that she feels like she was over-caffeinated. I asked her what she brewed and she told me that she had made the Verona that James brought.

I preceded to tell her that James brought regular Cafe Verona and not decaf. She did not believe me (even though I was correct). I rolled over and fell right to sleep...I am sure that she took awhile.

4 comments:

Wife, Mom, Teacher said...

Poor Lydia! I hate hate hate being over caffinated and listening to my Nathan sleep soundly and being unable to join him in that restful bliss!
I fully sympathize.

Anonymous said...

How I long for the days when caffiene would keep me up all night.... I was able to entice my husband Ed to enjoy my company therefore I was not alone in my wakefulness.....
Those of you who know me will understand why I freely express this since it is 0355 and I am working a mandated night shift. For me it's all good after 9pm.

Anonymous said...

Hahaha (sarcasm)...

The worst is when Nathan DOES have 3 cups of coffee before bed and STILL is able to just fall right asleep. Anna had a cup of that coffee, too, that night. But, thankfully she went to bed with no problem....

Mark said...

That's the problem with caffeine addiction... you get so used to it that it takes larger and larger doses to actually do anything. I used to be able to drink a can of Vault and go right to sleep. But it turns out that coffee keeps me up, so I've had to switch to hot chocolate at night. The sacrifices one has to make....