This morning we went to Pooh's Corner to look for a couple of children's books that we want to get. One that I want is called The Wright 3 by Blue Balliet. It is on my summer reading list once my semester is finished. It is about three teens who crack the mystery in the windows of the Robie House, one of Frank Lloyd Wright's greatest houses. The book is fiction, but I love the idea of introducing teens to art history.When we were there Lydia and I discussed why Lydia never went into elementary education as a career. There was a case-in-point before our eyes. Every morning one of the owners, a skinny butchy looking lady, has a story hour for the children in the store. This woman spoke with a squeal that was so high pitched and her facial expressions were amazingly huge! Anna stood and stared in astonishment that people actually act that way. Owen did not care because he was too busy blocking the progression of a whiner at the Thomas the Train set.
We didn't buy anything, but it was fun to watch what a difference the milieu is at a children's bookstore versus one like Border's or B&N.


4 comments:
I love bookstores!
But I can't stand that kind of storytime lady.
Ahh... trips to the bookstore. The Eshelbabies are growing up like I did... Disneyworld, Yosemite, Florida? Forget it. We saw Vermont, UP churches, train depots, and bookstores... antique stores too if we were really lucky.
It's been about 5 days without an update?!?!
I'm going to have to look out the window, I think the earth might just be standing still right now...
Some story ladies are from God and some are not.While you cannot always tell a book by it's cover you can get a general idea about a story lady.Some are wicked witches posing as story ladies.
Post a Comment