Today after class I was supposed to be doing taxes as well as writing a few papers that are still due before semester's end. It was such a nice day that plans were postponed for a few hours. We went for a walk to one of our favourite breakfast and lunch places. The Real Food Cafe' is a place to enjoy homemade cooking that incorporates butter into every dish. It is yummy. Anna was super excited as shown in the below picture. Owen was attempting to remove his hat so he did not care where we ate as long as the hat was gone.
Eventually the hat was removed and he fell asleep. Do not think that it allowed for a peaceful lunch... he awoke seconds before the food arrived.
We ate outside since the place is always so packed that you have to wait in line. The lines are always tight and you have to squeeze next to people that you do not necessarily want to be breathing down your neck. One good thing though, as a blog reader you would love it because you always get to hear someone else's business whether you want to or not. It is like a real-life blog standing in that line. I rarely have the guts to comment though...you cannot be anonymous!
The other thing that was great about today is that Owen's Anterior-Incisors number eight and nine came in. That makes for four teeth. Teeth look funny on a baby at first.
Here is the only way that we can get him to show off the teeth. We hold him upside down and we tickle him until his mouth opens. This shot was too gross with all of the saliva and the nostrils showing. I cut out the mouth so that you could see his great little teeth.
The other thing that we did today is watch Anna garden. She thinks that gardening consists of standing around with a rake and commenting on the flowers that have already bloomed. She also thinks that talking to the statuary is part of the assignment as well. If she only knew the joys that gardening can bring other than talking to concrete children.
Here she is checking out her New Balance shoes. Lyd bought these so that she can wear them on walks. I am not sure why she is so obsessed with them. We try to get her to wear the clogs..but she insists on these little running shoes. I think that she is being influenced by outside sources. We don't wear running shoes.
Sorry no poll today!


7 comments:
I know someone else who puts butter into every dish...
One of these days Anna is going to take off running in those shoes!!! Perhaps it will become a fad. You running after Anna in those shoes and then going out for lunch. hmmmmmm...
Member when her buddy Tanya loved her lintle pink and white tennies any she wanted to wear them to Papa Vinos!!!
Cute pictures of the kids. Everyone is tired of the wedding votes. You'll do what you want anyway. And what kind of a friend has to bribe a person to come to his wedding?
Isn't that what makes blogging so addicting after all? Nate just summed it up: it's a legitimate form of eavesdropping. I love that analogy.
Nate, I think you should have a poll whether Anna is allowed to wear tennis shoes wherever she wants. I vote yes!
It was nice to see those little baby toothers. My baby is SO CLOSE to getting those very same teeth and I tried the tickle upside-down thing on him today...it worked! Can't wait. (except then it will hurt worse when he bites me! :)
Post a Comment