My first day away from Lydia and Owen. It was hard last night without Lydia. Anna cried a little for Owen and Mama, but overall she did great!We went out for breakfast this morning at Perkins. Anna ate nothing but was offended that her grandfather ate the sausage off of her plate.
After breakfast we went to a few antique stores that are here. Corry has some really nice ones. I bought a Fiesta mixing bowl from the late 1930s that was pretty nice. We then went to the 'Whistle Stop Antique Mall'. The owners were bustling around and trying to put out new mechandise. There was a late 1920s tin train that I had my eye on but it was way too much for my budget. But I did get a find. There was a forest green Fiesta salt and pepper shaker set that was from the early 1950s. Forest Green is one of those hard to find fiesta colors that people do not know too much about unless they are collectors. It was not marked so I asked the guy that putting new merchandise out how much it was.
What is the date? he asked. I was not sure where he was going. It is the 26th so... (I knew where he was going- I thought he was going to say $26 which I would have easily paid.) He said $2.60!!! I bought it before anyone could argue about the price. We also got a few Hardy Boys books and a 1930s Fisher Price counting pull toy. Very nice!
When I got back to my parents I went to Medium Green online which is a Fiesta collectors resource. They price my new salt and pepper shakers at $45 EACH. That is $90 worth of Fiesta for $2.60.
I love Corry PA!


1 comment:
I love Corry, PA, too!
(I cannot believe that you found something that was TOO MUCH for your budget. Wow!)
Post a Comment