Monday, September 04, 2006

Seminarian Basics: Hebrew 101

Pastor Lanning knows the trials of seminary life. I have begun Hebrew this semester, and Lydia and I have been searching the net to find a singable Hebrew Alphabet. There is nothing online that I have found to be too helpful.

Pastor Lanning recalled a little song that he learned from O. Palmer Robertson at Westminster Seminary. The method that he learned was with the aid of Robertson's 'Happy Hebrew'. Sounds great, huh? Ahh...the joys of seminary life!

9 comments:

Mrs. P said...

Ummmm,... why is the video saying its no longer available? I wanna seeeeeee iiiiit... I waaaaaaaaaaaaanna...

Anonymous said...

that's amazing.

steveandjanna said...

That's, umm, interesting.

Mark said...

Wow.

NPE said...

I think that we should all learn it together and go around to nursing homes performing it.

Any takers?

Mark said...

Yes... we could buy a bus and tour the nation. We'll practice Thursday nights.

Janna said...

That video is astounding.

The Rogue Jew said...

Nate,

Becky is very fluent in reading and speaking Hebrew. Maybe she could give you some tips.

The Rogue Jew said...

Oh yeah, I have a book that is pretty good. My hebrew sucks and Becky is all the time getting after me for that. You can borrow it if you would like to use it in learning the Alefbet