Thursday, March 15, 2007

Butterflies are in bloom

We got to go to the Meijer Gardens for the first time of the new season. We love to kick off Spring with the butterflies at the Gardens. They have a really cool clear butterfly this year.
Lydia enjoyed the sun...for one minute.
This butterfly was really pretty. It was blue-green and the texture looked like velvet.
There were a lot of this one. They seemed to fly in groups. Click on the picture and you can read his expression, "I've got two weeks to live and I have to be on display for you!"
I edited a paper while we walked to the 'Michigan Farm". This year they have added a lot of great sculptures to the farm.

Here is Anna in the backyard garden. It smelled great in there- tons of bulbs in full bloom!
Here is on of the sculptures at the farm. Owen tried to feed it grass. He was not interested in eating.
Here is the famous Alexander Calder mobile that my dad tried to spin. I laugh every time I walk by it. I have never seen so many security guards! And the sirens! Wow!
I would suggest getting a membership this year if you have not in the past. Remember that the Tuesday night music series is coming up in August! What a great place to visit!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought we bought our membership because of the Chocolate Tree coming in May! :0)

Anonymous said...

Jim did WHAT? Are you serious? I don't doubt it but... really?

Remember last year when we went right after Anna had accidentally been transformed into Manna by a bad hair cut?

Anna, your Papa wouldn't let you be seen in public without a hat on. Good times, eh?

NPE said...

Yes. My dad spun a Calder. At least $500,000 worth of mobile- spun by Mr. Eshelman.

It was VERY FUNNY!

As for Anna's hair- it was a rough time in Lydia and my marriage. ;)

Now when you ask Anna if she wants a haircut she says, "Remember, I already had one!"

Anonymous said...

Where'd your kids get the red cheeks and big blue eyes, Nate. Hope they never spin the Calder thing.Can't wait to visit. Mom