Our friends, Shane and Toni Dunmire, have a son, Zac, that is in the Marines. He is being deployed to Iraq in July. Toni has a special request and I hope that some of you would be compelled to help. Here is a letter I got from Toni this week:I am making it my mission to make Rag Quilts for all the guys in Zac's platoon (about 60). Their deployment to Iraq has been moved up to July. If you would like to help me in this quest, you can send me masculine flannel fabric, cotton batting or money for me to buy it or pay for postage to send them. I will send a copy of the receipt so you know where your money went. Please do not feel obligated in any way!! This is something I want to do, I just thought if any of you ever wanted to do something for our troops, but didn't know what, this would give you the opportunity. I spoke with Zac and he said he knows the guys would appreciate it.
Thanks for your time! And thanks for your help!
Toni Dunmire
20620 Welch Hill Rd.
Corry, PA 16407
20620 Welch Hill Rd.
Corry, PA 16407
I hope that some of you would be glad to help out. Zac is a really neat kid and has shown a lot of courage by signing up service in such a time as this!


2 comments:
Wow. This post sure hit me right in the heart! Thank you Michigan Eshelhogs!! And thank you from Lcpl. Bidwell, USMC.
As a friend of Toni and Shane's we will also ask everyone we know to contribute to this good cause. Zac is a great kid and we honor him for joining the military.
Post a Comment