On Sunday, Watson is being baptized. This is the quickest that we have had one of our children baptize- 9 days old. Grandma Eshelman will be in from Pennsylvania to witness this blessed event. * * His baptism will be at 10AM if anyone wants to be a witness to this sacrament.
Between the services we are going to have a fellowship meal. Usually this means gross sloppy joes and ham and buns (Dutch staples). We are going to rebel and bring something yummy in lieu of sloppy slop.
Brian has been here this week making cheesecakes for the event. (He also made us a scrumtrelescent Chicken Marsala tonight for dinner!) I thought that I would share two of the three that he has made thus far:
This is a New York Cheesecake with blueberry puree marbled through it. It is sitting on my kitchen counter now. Should I eat some?


7 comments:
Hi guys, what a blessed family you have! You will be receiving a package with three different coffee beans from Scott Hackman's coffee company, One Village Coffee (.com). I wanted to write a note with it, but their Google checkout doesn't allow that at the moment. Take care and stay awake!
Yeah... I'll be over in awhile to eat that cheesecake. :-)
Any thoughts for future alternatives to gross sloppy joes and ham buns? I'm gathering ideas...
Hambuns, Nathan, it's hambuns. And they don't taste good unless you're eating them in a musty church basement.
MMMMMMM... B's cheesecake... it's worth committing various crimes against humanity for. My personal favorite is his pumpkin special. I'm petitioning for shore leave to GR at Thanksgiving specifically to have some of B's pumpkin cheesecake.
If they were sitting on my counter they'd have disappeared long ago and the RP's would have to content themselves with box brownies.
I admire your fortitude in the face of temptation!
We would be making something but the family is headed out to East Lansing for Stuart's first football game. We need to do something to end the sloppy joe madness.
Wow, last time you had a kid baptized, I wound up joining. Weird.
I haven't had B's white chocolate cheesecake since he retooled it. I may very well wind up doing physical harm to somebody to remedy that.
For those worried about the dropoff in food quality - there are steps being taken to bring it up a notch. Suffice to say, this week will be extra-classy.
Uh... yeah. Like the time the "Cool Dudes" tried to revamp church coffee hour by serving Doritos, Combos, and Vault?
Post a Comment