We got up late...or at least I did, so we got a late start, but we were able to manage. We needed to get more top coat for the job so we went to Standard Lumber for some but they are closed on Saturday. (Tara, tell your dad that people do projects on Saturday...open the store!)
So we had to go to the killer of all "mom and pop" lumber yards...Lowes. Of course they had it. So back home to begin phase three.
Here is the finished phase. We were able to get the second coat of topping on, but we had to work quickly due to Lowes not having Durabond 90...we had to go with 45. 45 minutes per coat. Quick work!
Here are two of the storage areas. (Is the one full enough?)
This is the entrance to the bathroom, we were unable to finish that as well, but I will tacke it on my own. Should be fun.
Notice the Jim Eshelman corners. Sharp as a tack. That takes years of practice. (So they tell me.)
Here is what is going to be my study area. There will be a built in desk as well as other nerdy features. The circle is the desk light.
Here is Ray Lanning's contribution to the basement project. A 1930 Kohler sink that is an original that also had its original mechanics. Godwin Plumbing restored it for us. I am glad that we have something classic in the restoration. Paige Jaquith has this same sink and faucet set in her house.
Here is dad and I enjoying a libation together. Notice that it is MGD. I do not drink MGD. The reason that I was unable to drink Guiness or Bell's Oberon is that the Plasterer's Union REQUIRES that jobs be finished with an MGD. Man, I hate unions.
At least the job is done.
Now on to the fun parts: paint, carpet, and trim.


3 comments:
Nice work boys! Thanks Jim-Bob for your trip to GR to help us out. Much appreciated. Nate- you sure were a good "laborer."
(mud...mud...mud...)
Can't wait to see it.
Maybe we should come out in a couple months?
mmmmmmmm.......BEER!
Post a Comment