Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Gnomes among us.

Mrs. Pickering of Wendler Cottage wrote a post about the annoying little gnomes that live in her beloved Wendler Cottage and mess up her home by performing heinous acts such as putting things where they do not belong.

I commented and stated that I too have a gnome that lives on my desk on Union Avenue.

She thought that I was saying that my desk finds itself in a state of disarray.

This is not what I was saying at all; but I was saying that I too have a gnome that lives on my desk. He is the keeper of the pen and an integral part of Life on Union Avenue.

(This gnome was made by Goebel in West Germany in 1970. The German fascination with Gnomes even found its way into the finer places such as Goebel.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well Nate, I'm relieved to hear that the only gnomes that grace the immaculate order of your desk are well behaved and serve a useful purpose.

Figures...

NPE said...

I am supposed to say that Irma gave this to me because she knew that I enjoy books. (He is sitting on a book as well as reading one.)

Anonymous said...

He's got red cheeks just like you, buddy!