Sunday, January 01, 2006

Coffee Snobs?

Lydia and I are known to be coffee snobs. We love to buy fine beans which are roasted under specific instruction. We then grind the coffee ourselves and we percolate the beans as the preferred method of brewing. This is not to be pretentious mind you, but because we enjoy a fine cup of this ancient treat.

We have also been known to pay a bit more than others will for the beans that we use. We use Starbucks a lot of the times but are willing to try other things as well. Often I will attempt to find a new bean variety that would be for special occasions.

Despite the price of tag of $175 per pound, we would not buy this coffee.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are those your dishes? I'm fighting off jealousy!!!!! What are those cups with the fancy handles called? What type of percolator do you recommend? I don't see having fine taste in coffee snobish. However fiestaware snobs?....

Anonymous said...

Nate, when are you and I going to meet for coffee?

NPE said...

Ellie

These fancy cups are called demitasse cups. (They are the 1930s equivolent to espresso cups).

These are the envy of all fiesta collectors. The cups run around $100-200 each and the coffee caraffe is worth close to $800.

Are they mine.....the world will never know!

Kevin: Tuesday or wednesday morning at Common Ground 9:30am. You pick the day.