Friday, March 10, 2006

Butter Bye

The Butterflies are in bloom at Frederik Meijer Gardens. A great deal of them have hatched and are there for the viewing.
We went with Brian, Mr.&Mrs.P, and the children (George came along for the ride as well).

Brian stood in amazement of the number of other things that he could be doing, Owen just hung out.
Owen did think that the butterflies were quite amazing.
Anna watched from a distance, not too sure why people pay money to watch these bugs, yet others are smashed and flushed. She did say "pretty" a few times.

Mr. P was able to see all the ones that we could not see. I guess that being 78 inches tall comes in handy sometimes.

Mrs. P, or "Ms. Moes" as Anna calls her, got to tell Anna some of the great and less know butterfly facts.

This giant creature followed us and Anna was quite scared. Brian sprayed it with Deet.

Now this was fun!

They have a huge Arch that you can build. Some guy was telling me that I was doing it wrong. Nope. In all due respect sir, you do not know what you are talking about. I can arch-build with the best of Scotland!

Brian and Mr. P can destroy them quite well. Justin escaped before the camera got the shot. He kindly said, "you have a blog and you know how to use it!"

5 comments:

Mrs. P said...

Yeah, it was so neat when you sprayed that giant bug and it shrivelled up and died. Then the security guards came...

Anonymous said...

Why is Anna wearing a hat?

Rachel said...

That sounds like fun. The arch-destroying, I mean.

gretchenjohnson said...

I'm with Anna...that giant bug is VERY frightening.

Anonymous said...

How much money do you think the butterfly bug guy gets?