A glimpse into the home of a family attempting to live a well-thought-out life.
Friday, March 17, 2006
Read For Life
I would much rather have book-nerd kids than "cool kids". Anna says, "Papa, read Anna and Owen book?" (The book is The Little Puppy by Judy Dunn. There is also The Little Kitten, The Little Duck and some others. These are really great first books.)
I hope my kids will be nerds... socially well adjusted nerds, but nerds nonetheless. Well adjusted Nerds grow up to be successful. Everyone knows this.
Mr. P is fine with that as long as they play baseball in addition to being nerds.
My recent favorite: "Sheep in a Jeep" by Nancy Shaw & Margot Apple; a good lesson in what the bible means when it talks about the character of sheep.
Your kids should be geeks. Geeks are more intelligent and have a strong work ethic. They also have a six on the constitution scale and work well with the elves.
I was able to get an autographed, "Sheep in a Jeep" for my baby Ashley who is now 18. She still has this in the bookcase in her room along with some other great reads! I believe Nancy Shaw did a book signing in our library maybe 15 years ago!!! You will never regret investing your time and money in books.
I LOVE ANNA'S DU!!!!!! perhaps Lydia is also a hait stylist in addition to her many other gifts????
7 comments:
Ha. I was telling someone that the other day.
I hope my kids will be nerds... socially well adjusted nerds, but nerds nonetheless. Well adjusted Nerds grow up to be successful. Everyone knows this.
Mr. P is fine with that as long as they play baseball in addition to being nerds.
My recent favorite: "Sheep in a Jeep" by Nancy Shaw & Margot Apple; a good lesson in what the bible means when it talks about the character of sheep.
Your kids should be geeks. Geeks are more intelligent and have a strong work ethic. They also have a six on the constitution scale and work well with the elves.
I was able to get an autographed, "Sheep in a Jeep" for my baby Ashley who is now 18. She still has this in the bookcase in her room along with some other great reads! I believe Nancy Shaw did a book signing in our library maybe 15 years ago!!! You will never regret investing your time and money in books.
I LOVE ANNA'S DU!!!!!! perhaps Lydia is also a hait stylist in addition to her many other gifts????
Did I write hait???? I meant hair and I never mean hate!! Love, Ellie
Ellie's right. Cute hair. Anna looks very sophisticated and Owen looks adorable.
Heidi too has been asking to read a lot lately. She never used to sit still long enough to finish a book. Now we read about 5 at a time.
"I never learned to read!" (said while dramatically sobbing)
Post a Comment