Anyhow, when I packed my laptop, Anna and Owen both had to pack theirs as well. I am not sure what lectures they were listening to though! So, while laying a new floor, I got to be fed by the good doctor. Well worth the time and energy.
We actually ran out of time for painting and we hired Durell Flood to finish it for us. Wow! If you are looking for a painter, call him. Perfection! His Reformed theology comes through in every brush-stroke!
This weekend our new tenant moves in. We are excited to have someone after the few month stint of emptiness at the apartment. It was good though; you really learn how to balance your budget in times like this.
I took a 3 minute video tour of the place so that everyone could see it. It looks really nice and we are so thankful to everyone that helped.
In the comments section please write a few of your favorite memories from Wendler. That apartment has really meant a lot to many people's spiritual growth. Man, we sure had some fun times there!


3 comments:
Hmmm, good old Wendler. Most of the "crew" that made it "Wendler" does not even read your blog! But, well, I was a part of that time...from day 1 actually. Remember the disgusting carpet everywhere? And, the ferret?
Wendler is where I moved to when I first became a Christian to "get away" from the unedifying crowd I lived with.
Wendler was where I lived when I realized that my good friend Nathan was the guy I wanted to marry, or was he, yes, umm no, okay yes...
The best memory I have of Wendler is the wonderful Sabbath dinners we would have with a huge crowd of people, usually young singles, gathered around always in some deep theological discussion, sometimes debate, but a real heart for learning was present. Some balance was needed, of course.
I had my 21st birthday there and Molly (my parents' dog) was attacked by Sedgwick (who also tried to attack little Garrett).
I remember when Moes would spend the night upstairs (with Shannon and I) and Sam pooped by her face. He should have been put to sleep then!
Oh, I could go on, but I won't. Don't think I will shed a tear when that place sells....except maybe tears of joy!
PS....Nathan, what ever happened to that mouse you caught? heehee
Yes, I remember TONS of good conversations at the kitchen table upstairs... writing "In the Year 2000" predictions on matchbooks. I remember Wendler as my second home overflowing with enthusiastic 'big brother' types during my first two years of college. Something was always going on. Watching Nate and Lydia trying to decide what exactly was going on was a treat for us all =)
Remember the cats that Shannon brought home from the VTs? And what ever happened to poor old Cornelius?
I kept spending the night though, and Shannon and Lyd kept a mattress in the living room just for me!
Wendler became home to my future husband, when he needed a place in a hurry. A few months later, Wendler became the home we began our married life in.
It's been a big part of my life too, and it will almost be sad to leave it.
I have a few good memoriers. Lets see....being attacked by a rabid bat in the middle of the night, Mia being freaked out by the neighbor cats and growling at them at all hours. But I'll never have a bathroom as large as the one upstairs.
Post a Comment