Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Happy Anniversary

Yesterday marked 10 years that Lydia and I came to Grand Rapids to attend Calvin College.

Lydia came from Chicago with her reasons; I came from Pennsylvania with my reasons. We met over some Ramen Noodles... and the rest, as they say, is history!

September 4, 1997. We are so old!

7 comments:

Tim said...

you know, when I came back to my room and saw that you had moved in and there were multiple bags of pork rinds, I'll admit I was a tad scared. Has it really been 10 years? WOW, thanks for making me feel really old.

An Eshelman said...

You ate pork rinds? Yuk. I thought you were on the Fatkins then?

Wife, Mom, Teacher said...

Did you both come to GR on the SAME DAY??? That would be a bit weird.

An Eshelman said...

Yup, it was freshman orientation. Same day. We probably met in October, though.

Anonymous said...

vahh, I remember the pork rinds too...

Tim said...

no, YOU were on Fatkins and the pork rinds were YOURS. :)

Tim said...

I was a "vegetarian", remember? I ditched that about 4 years ago. Mmmmm bacon.