Monday, September 10, 2007

Whata Weekend With Watson!

This was a very special weekend for our family. Besides Watson getting baptized, we had some special visitors as well.

Here is Mrs. Lanning giving Watson a kiss. He is in the very special baptism gown that she made out of Lydia's wedding dress. All three of our children were baptized in it and we hope that it will stay in our family for generations to come. Maggie spent the weekend with us. She slept in the boy's room and Owen had to crawl in with her at 8AM to make sure that she did not sleep the day away.
Here is the Grand Rapids Commission of the RPCNA. We had a long weekend of examinations, family interviews, and hours of great Christian fellowship. James Faris was unable to be in this picture, but he is on the Commission as well.
Here is a goofy picture of the smiling Eshelman women. It looks like Brian is trying to snuggle up to my mom... but I assure you that this is not the case!
Here is another of Linda with Watson. She deserves two pictures since she made the dress. Today is Linda's tenth 40th birthday as well!
Here is Rev. Lanning with us. He has had the privledge of baptizing all three of our children. I cherish the pictures of him with them after the baptism. He gave a moving sermon as well as on Jesus's view of children. It is worth listening to again.
And one of the family. Watson was the picture perfect baby through the whole baptism. He slept the whole time!
* * * * * * * *Sorry, Bruce, no turkey pictures as of yet. I will get the video for Watson and make sure he memorizes all of the tips. You will have to take him hunting though... I gave it up after grandpa dropped me in the river!

3 comments:

shawn said...

Congrats Watson,

I pray that the Lord would do a great work in you and your siblings, to advance His kingdom.

May you remember this day often, and find assurance in the thing God signifies by this sign and seal He has put upon you.

Maggie said...

I'm so glad I could be there for the baptism! Thanks for letting me stay with ya'll! (and posting disgusting pictures of me)

Anyway, you know your kids have a special spot in my heart! Can't wait to get to know Watson better!

Mrs. P said...

Wow, what a handsome little baby you've got there!!! Can't wait to meet him!