Monday, September 26, 2005

Colours (that is English for colors)

I am sure that all are becoming weary of the basement updates. I am getting wearing from the work that goes into these posts (I mean the manual labor, not the blogging). Here are the colors that we chose for the basement. We wanted something that would be light due to the subterranian qualities, yet something that was striking as well. We chose terra cotta for the back wall and a buttercream for the other three walls including the study area.

Brian Anderson helped to paint on his free time. He is always a great help around here. If I am ever a BILLIONAIRE then I will hire him to be my groundskeeper & chef.

I took an hour break and went with the family over to the Vedra's house for some iced coffee and a slice of cake that Emily made. We discussed theology and parenting (surprised?) and of course had a great time watching Anna and Noah pester one-another!

The great quote of the day was from Oma Malysa, she said, concerning the colors, "Oh..you're getting creative".

I sure am Irm, I sure am.

Second coat is tomorrow, but I will spare you the details.

Next we have trim, finishing of the electrical, and carpet..then all are invited to the basement open house!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The green you see is "green board" not the color of the bathroom.

Just an FYI

Anonymous said...

I really like the new colors. You must be an interior designer like your mother.

Anonymous said...

looks great kids... How... 'creative'! Lauged so hard when I read that!

M.

tanyawells said...

I love the colors that you picked out. I heart your home!

Anonymous said...

so BRIAN helped you paint? How nice of BRIAN to help you as a dear friend should. Thanks BRIAN. If only we had more friends like BRIAN.

shawn said...

Oh Paige, since when have you counted?

*wink