Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Cruddy Study

In between being scheduled full time at work, being a full time Master's candidate, and my many familial duties there are "fun" things that must occur in order to get our basement finished and the guest room (someday Owen's) finished. We are looking forward to having the order back in our home that we normally have....But for now we live in bedlam!

Here are some of today's pics of our study being de-shelved and packed up. (Of course it is in alphabetical order and all are being cataloged before they go into their respective boxes.

Here is where we are. We have de-shelved A thru L with the exception of the one's that slip through our compulsive eyes. It is amazing how many books have been done...At least 1000 thus far, I would imagine, and probably 20-25 boxes.
Here is a look at the mess at Lydia's desk. We will each have our own study areas and we are looking forward to that. Sharing space is awful when two OCD people live in the same house and have differing methods of organization! (So, we are little crazy?)
Here is Anna playing amongst the books. She thought that climbing them was a fun expedition. We had to put an end to it when she climbed to the six feet mark. (A little safety is a wise thing.)
Lydia worked while I cataloged and boxed...It seems that she has given up on a clean desk for now. (The book by her right hand is on "no cry" sleep solutions for toddlers. She borrowed it from the La Leche League library.)
The pile of boxes grows as shelves begin to be cleared. I am amazed at how many books are on the shelves that have not been referenced for years. Even with the amount of papers and research that goes on in the study many are not touched once they are read.
Anna thought that since we were both busy she would be at liberty to use a blue-green Sharpie on the folding chair as well as paint her nails with it. I thought that it was so funny but maintained a straight face when telling her that she has to let mama or papa paint her nails. (She has great fine motor skills for her age, if you ask me.)
Here is a cry for help! I think that she would like to do something more Anna focused right now. I guess that a bath and getting ready for bed is a good thing. She has to go play with Noah tomorrow at La Leche League! (She loves Noah!)

More to come as our remodel continues.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Correction: That book is "Good Nights" by Jay Gordon. The No Cry Sleep Solution is the one that I just had to go buy.

Thanks for showing everyone the mess and the bookshelves that I never dusted. Dad, don't tell mom!

Charles Jurries said...

Hey, Lyd's mom, did you hear about their house?

shawn said...

Wow, do I need to catalogue and reshelve my library.

I look forward to the day when we can have a guest room and private study and 3 floors, etc.

Love the family blog... keep it up.

-shawn

Anonymous said...

I wish my green starbunks water bottle wasn't broke.:(