We spent some time at the Meijer Gardens. Anna enjoyed the Orchid wall and we really enjoyed walking to the "Michigan Farm". It was a little bit rainy on and off, but was very nice to be able to walk through the Gardens in the last weekend of January without a heavy coat. (Global Warming is not all that bad!)
We were downtown Grand Rapids and watched a bunch of late teen-early twenties ice skate. Dad told them all a made-up story about how he went professional in Canada, but came back to the States to pursue other ventures. Anna loved Rosa Parks Circle and running on the ice.
We ate lunch across the street at the famed Blake's Turkey that has been there for 14 years. Lydia claims that it was never there before. I claimed that she is just not aware of her surroundings!
Here we are on the ice. Owen did not seem to care whether we were home or downtown. It was a nice day.
We had a lot of coffee as we do when they are here as well. My mother agrees that the new percolator needs a glass top to "just be right".
This is my dad when he has spent more than one minute sitting. He is a restless guy. I will have a few more posts that show some of the great highlights of the weekend.


5 comments:
Poor Nathan had to wait in line to be served American Portions!!!!!!!!How about some cheese to go with that whine???
What's the menu like at Wolfgangs?
Does your dad meet criteria for a diagnosis of confabulation????I hope the kids ears were covered....
Thankfully your all about truth!
Can you tell I'm sleep deprieved?
Mr. Eshelman, did you know that the picture of a garden at the top of mama's blog was the one I liked the best?
Nate, We sure did enjoy our weekend with our son, daughter in law and our beautiful grandchildren. They have great genes. We already miss all of you, especially those babies!!. Love, Mom
Jimmy lives the Olympic dream! I'd love to see him scooting around the rink in a pastel leotard. What a sight!
I'm glad you had an enjoyable time with your folks. I hope you hugged them lots!
Post a Comment