The snow came, as expected, on Friday. But, Thursday came first- and what did the providences of Thursday bring? Thursday the fan belt of the heating unit in the Volvo broke. What does this mean? Cold for one.
It also meant that riding home from work Friday night at midnight was very cold and I was looking out of my windshield through a defrosted area about the size of a billiard ball.
These pictures are from Saturday morning when I took Samson and Sedgwick out for their morning rituals. The back yard was so beautiful. I felt as though I was walking through the wardrobe into another land. (Sedgwick was Sir Tumnus and Samson was sniffing for Turkish Delight.)


10 comments:
Pretty pictures. Sorry about the Volvo.
I would have given all the Turkish delight in the world for Sir Tumnus to have worn a vest in that movie.
I also thought the snow beautiful on Saturday morning, and I took video footage of Calvin shovelling (isn't it nice to have sons?)as an excuse to tape the trees around our house.
Yup. According to this site, Turkish delight is only good for the dogs.
Those pictures are lovely! Maggie and I felt like we were driving through Narnia on our way to church yesterday. The trees weren't quite so snowy, though. 'Twas nice to meet you all! Your kids are even cuter in person than they are in pictures!
Update:
It is not the belt it is the motor.
Price=
$185 part
$175 labor
The joys of socialistic vehicles.
Have you driven a fooooooorrrrrddd lately?
Yep. Drove one today. The ford focussessssesss
It was a beautiful snowfall. I woke up, took pictures in my bathrobe and snow boots all while enjoying the warm-ish sunshine!
Nate,
If it helps...I spun out on 84th en route to work sat AM.(driving too fast for conditions)I crossed over into the oncoming traffic,went up the curb and into the ditch.I was able to drive out of the ditch thanks to a legion of angels, who also held the oncoming traffic at bay while I spun far and wide hoping for the brakes to touch pavement.I was able to drive to work,however Mr. Vander Loon has determined I have some rear axle distress, could run as high as $1200. I was grateful that God spared my life!!!
Then I woke up that following morning with the flu and spent the next 8 hours on my bathroom floor.I will say at least I was puking into a new toiet and laying on new flooring. I believe Satan was having a fit because God spared my life. I responding by puking and rebuking.Yes Life is still Good!!!!!
Post a Comment