Well, our dear friend Paige was kind enough to do the first coat of paint for us as well as complete the wall paper removal. (Remember it was MY study and the wall paper was roses and hydrangeas?)
We chose the bedding for the two beds that are going to be in the room. We chose taupe Woolrich down and suede comforter-throws with beige sheets and pillow sham. I think that it will look great.
We have begun the search for vintage posters for his room and I have found a company that had some really neat ones from the 1930s that were from children's art exhibits and art classes. (When they come in the mail I will post a picture.) Lydia does not think that they will work as well as I do...We will see. If we do not like them I can humble myself to say that they are not what we are looking for.
We also have been looking for some vintage toys to display in the room. My mother has promised me a pull toy from the late 40s/ early 50s. That will do! We also have located a tin airplane that is really nice. We will find some other things as well. (Mrs. Pickering, I do believe that your relative owns an antique toy store or company of some sort.....We will have to talk.)
These are just the beginning. We still have a lot of work to do, but it will be done in the next couple of weeks or so. (On a side note: these beds are bunk beds that are twin size. I got them both for $60 from the Pine Rest Source.... They are Pine as well....hm?)
Let us know what you think!


11 comments:
I think that my little boy will never leave our bed. :) Or by the time he is ready, we will be pregnant with another girl and have to make it a room for Anna and "other."
Or move to another house with 10 bedrooms. :) (Ottawa hills...East GR...oh the possibilities.)
Very neat ya'll. I can't wait to see the prints that you picked out. Paige is so cool. That was really nice of her.
When's that nother one baby comin?
Lydia, just invest in a hollywood king size bed that should work for you and your sucklings!
slumber party.
I think it sounds great. One thing.....if you are going to have antiques in a kid's room, you'd better have them up high.....and you should probably put the taupe comforters up on the shelf, too! :) (Unless your kids are different than mine. No matter how hard I try, they just like to ruin things!) Try a color scheme of brown and black, you can't stain that!
Is that the same color as the basement? Love it! I saw the woolrich things Nate mentioned not long ago and thought "I bet Nate would like that."
I found some beautiful Musical Angels by Melozzo Da Forli that I thought would be great for a wall in my kitchen. In my search I discovered the Vatican Picture Library is selling replicas on plates or very small prints.No chance for a large reproduction.
The room will be "perfect" like the rest of your home.
I think you need some pictures on the walls.
Or a cusom made mobile made out of "distressed dishes" dishes. (If you want one, I could make it for you.
And by East GR, you mean East Greenbush of course and we'd love to have you. :>
Post a Comment