I was more or less than happy to do this for her and I got the broom out of the kitchen closet. I told Owen that I would be right back and I closed the door on him (so he did not get his feet snowy). I could hear him knocking and being annoyed that his entire family was out-of-doors while he was stuck inside with the dogs.
I finished wiping the car off and Lydia pulled out of the driveway. I walked up the steps to the front door to the dreadful fact that Owen had locked the door! I turned around, knowing that I did not have my keys and that all other doors were locked, and yelled to Lydia as she waved and drove off!
I yelled, 'Lydia stop!' very loud as she drove away. I made a fool of myself waving and yelling as she drove north on Union Avenue. As she passed the Notliberal compound she must have noticed her over-sized husband doing aerobics in the snow (in his pajamas, mind you). She turned around and pulled into the driveway.
I told her that Owen had locked me out. She responded that he does not know how to do that. Oh, it must have been one of the dogs then. Well, whomever it was, I got back into the house and Owen was crying because he was scared. He is not used to his large father jumping up and down while yelling in the front yard... in his pajamas, mind you.
All was well and Owen and I did some father and son things while Lydia and Anna were away. We cleaned all of the vents in the house and a good time was had by all.


8 comments:
Man, we don't get video of that? Shucks.
You know, I think I saw some of this happen but didn't think anything of it. Fun times.
Samson sure is a bright dog.
Owen is a very smart boy. What I wouldn't have given to see Nate running down Union ave in Birks and jammies. Reminds me of Fountains days.
is there any video of this on YouTube yet? Maybe a surveillance camera or such?
Maybe Nate could videotape a dramatization of this most singular, and unprecedented event for us.
At least you were able to make it up to him. I never got to clean vents with my father.
STILL waiting for pictures of the Eshelmen in the kitchen together.
Post a Comment