The smell of green grass and freshly laid mulch. Reading on the patio with the sun on my back! What a great day it has been thus far!
Anna noticed the Crocus and the Daffodils are looking beautiful already.
We walked through the neighborhood as well. It is great to see all of the people starting their flower gardens for the season and cleaning up the mess that winter leaves.
Isn't it great to be able to get out of the house and to go for walks and hear birds and feel the light spring breeze?
Oh wait, I shoveled piles of icy snow today. I also had to dig our vehicle out of the driveway. Oh yeah, I woke up to the scrape of shovels, the gassy hum of snow blowers and the endless push of city plow trucks. Oh, yeah, I must have forgotten.. Spring is still two weeks away, and that is only the official date.
We will persevere.


6 comments:
Rush Spring, not summer...
It is quite beautiful out, though.
It's really not fair to post pictures of spring. It makes is so hard to face cold reality.
I thought it was beautiful this morning.
I tell ya, spring can't get here soon enough. The snow looks nice and all, but the cold has gotten old.
Seeing those pics reminded me that there is still hope!
Don't you hate these gun-metal grey skies? They seem to be hanging way too close to our heads, just waiting to fall down and smash us to bits.
I missed the snow storm! Ha-HA! By the time I rolled into town roads had been plowed and snow was neatly stacked on either side of the road.
However, today it feels like spring!
Post a Comment