Only Lydia's daughter? Doubt it. Anyone that is on some type of budget (or pretends to be...ahem) and yet wants nice, stylish stuff, will like Target. I don't pretend that they have quality stuff. But, the price is right for what you get!
If Janna starts buying Raytard's stuff we're through! As for Target, they have the same junk as WalMart. WalMart has upgraded in the past couple years to the point where the only difference between it and Target is that Target snobs still look down on WalMart. Me, I look down on all of it and don't see any need to shop at any of these places. In fact, I'm not even sure what one would buy at either store.
Dear Mr B - you scoff at Target and Walmart, but our budget would suffer horribly if I stopped shopping there. Besides, I'd go into horrible withdrawal without the occasional Target fix...
My opposition has nothing to do with thread count, I honestly can't think of a single thing I'd want to buy at Target. As far as I can tell, the difference between WalMart and Target is paper thin.
This is not a response to your current post but I stumbled upon your blog a while ago and have been checking back periodically. I appreciate the way you and your family are attempting to live a Christian life. I thought I noticed at one point that you are an advocate of home-schooling? My wife and I are considering it. Could you post regarding your reasoning / philosophy or perhaps direct me to a past post where you addressed the issue? I ask simply out of curiousity and interest.
Lydia, you are raising a daughter the Proverbs 31 lady would be proud of! Target, WalMart, and host of other "dumps" have been used by God to provide bountifully for our family for years. It is only good stewardship to use God's money wisely on these temporal things. You go Anna!!
18 comments:
Bah, Target!
It will no doubt be George's first word.
He will of course pronounce it "Tar-shzay"
I fear I'll have to ban Janna from taking Stuart to that dump.
I can only imagine the look of horror on Owen's face.
"Not shopping! Anything but that!"
Steve, Janna will only stop shopping at Target if they start carrying exclusives from Rachel Ray.
Actually, not even then. :)
Only Lydia's daughter? Doubt it. Anyone that is on some type of budget (or pretends to be...ahem) and yet wants nice, stylish stuff, will like Target. I don't pretend that they have quality stuff. But, the price is right for what you get!
If Janna starts buying Raytard's stuff we're through! As for Target, they have the same junk as WalMart. WalMart has upgraded in the past couple years to the point where the only difference between it and Target is that Target snobs still look down on WalMart. Me, I look down on all of it and don't see any need to shop at any of these places. In fact, I'm not even sure what one would buy at either store.
Dear Mr B - you scoff at Target and Walmart, but our budget would suffer horribly if I stopped shopping there. Besides, I'd go into horrible withdrawal without the occasional Target fix...
And when was the last time you were actually IN a WALMART anyway Cap'n?
I can't figure out what one would actually buy there and I can't imagine actually wanting to go to that dump to kill time.
Walmart just does not have the "stylish" stuff like Target does. The quality may be the same, sure. But, as for looks, Walmart still has a ways to go.
All hail Steve, the arbiter of taste! Count your threads, lest ye be found wanting when the day of judgment comes!
Too bad Target discontinued those "Girls Rock" sheets NL wanted so badly...
My opposition has nothing to do with thread count, I honestly can't think of a single thing I'd want to buy at Target. As far as I can tell, the difference between WalMart and Target is paper thin.
I love Target! How sad that is out of my price range right now. 2 more months, kids. 2 more months.
Hello,
This is not a response to your current post but I stumbled upon your blog a while ago and have been checking back periodically. I appreciate the way you and your family are attempting to live a Christian life. I thought I noticed at one point that you are an advocate of home-schooling? My wife and I are considering it. Could you post regarding your reasoning / philosophy or perhaps direct me to a past post where you addressed the issue? I ask simply out of curiousity and interest.
Thank you. Keep up the good work!
Lydia, you are raising a daughter the Proverbs 31 lady would be proud of! Target, WalMart, and host of other "dumps" have been used by God to provide bountifully for our family for years. It is only good stewardship to use God's money wisely on these temporal things. You go Anna!!
What's wrong with Rachel Ray?
Walmart and Target are both fine in our books. We like Target better, but they are comparable in quality.
Post a Comment